[Samba] Samba LDAP SID and Local SID

Pavan p.krishna at diversityarrays.com
Tue Mar 7 03:34:16 GMT 2006

Hi All,

        I am running Samba - 3 using a ldap backend, recently I have
needed to change the domain of the computers as I am migrating to other
server, I have the ldap database and populated the ldap database on the
new server, but I am facing a problem with SID's as the SambaSID in the
ldap backend is from the old samba server which is different from the
current SambaSID(net getlocalsid) but Its not really feasible for me to
create all the user accounts again on LDAP. Can any one advise me on how
to get around this? Without changing the SID's I am unable to join the
machines to the new domain and get an error *"o mapping between account
names and security Id's" .
*
thanks in advance,
Pavan.