[Samba] Problem renaming users

Linus Lund linus at island.liu.se
Mon Mar 6 21:47:28 GMT 2006

Hi!

I'm trying to setup my samba 3.21c (on a slackware linux box running the
2.4.31 kernel) so that Domain admins and other privileged users may
administer users via the User Manager for Domains. I've successfully
configured almost everything, but I can't get the renaming of a user to
work. In the usrmgr.exe I get an access denied error.

When I run the command "net user RENAME test1 test2" from my Linux-box I
get the following error "Failed to rename user from test1 to test2 -
NT_STATUS_INVALID_INFO_CLASS".

I've also turned on log level 101 when doing this but I cannot see that
samba even tries to invoke the script I've defined in smb.conf (rename
user script = ... ).

I'm using tdbsam as passdb backend if that has anything to do with it!

Does anyone have any tip to share I would greatly appreciate it!

Best regards
Linus