[Samba] Re: REPOST net rpc user ADD flags unknown?

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Mon Mar 6 11:22:00 GMT 2006

6 mar 2006 kl. 00:41 skrev Jeremy Allison:

> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:23:51AM +0100, Henrik Zagerholm wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I have a couple of questions regarding the NET command:
>>
>> 1) What flags are available with the net rpc user add command?
>>      I says in the man pages that you can specify user flags with
>> the -F parameter but not which flags.
>
> Looking in the source code I don't see the user flags being
> handled in this case. I might be missing something though...
I found these attributes in the pdbedit code and I thought I was home
free but I didn't get them to work.
I don't think these are implemented into NET RPC yet. :(
	N: No password required
	D: Account disabled
	H: Home directory required
	T: Temporary duplicate of other account
	U: Regular user account
	M: MNS logon user account
	W: Workstation Trust Account
	S: Server Trust Account
	L: Automatic Locking
	X: Password does not expire
	I: Domain Trust Account

>> 2) If I add a user with the net command it is automatically
>> "disabled" and I have to "change password at next logon".
>> 	How can I avoid this?
>
> Is this to a Windows or Samba DC ? You can always set the
> flags using the 'net rpc user edit' command afterwards.
>
> Jeremy.

I want to create a local user account on a Win box.
Do you have any links to the net rpc user edit flags?
I've checked the samba man pages and I can't find any info on how to
use this command.

Cheers Henrik