[Samba] hi

parveen antil parveen.antil at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 08:11:16 GMT 2006

hello

my problem is that i am using SAMBA as a PDC. i want to apply some policies
to my domain. spacially i want that my domain users password should expired
after 10 days . i have tried it by using pdbedit command .

root#  pdbedit -P "min password length" -C 8
account policy value for min password length was 5
account policy value for min password length is now 8
root#  pdbedit -P "password history" -C 4
account policy value for password history was 0
account policy value for password history is now 4
root#  pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C 10
account policy value for maximum password age was 4294967295
account policy value for maximum password age is now 90
root#  pdbedit -P "minimum password age" -C 7
account policy value for minimum password age was 0
account policy value for minimum password age is now 7
root#  pdbedit -P "bad lockout attempt" -C 8
account policy value for bad lockout attempt was 0
account policy value for bad lockout attempt is now 8
root#  pdbedit -P "lockout duration" -C -1
account policy value for lockout duration was 30
account policy value for lockout duration is now 4294967295

but none of above is working. plz tell me is it a bug or i am doing
something wrong. plz tell me quickly . i am waiting for your response.

thanks
 regards
parveen kumar