[Samba] joining errors without netbios

sdgesa gaeharth pollux1234567890 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 03:41:14 GMT 2006

i am trying to set up a samba ads server called "networking" on FC4 .  When I try to  join the w2k3 domain(net ads join) , I get errors.  However the copmuter is listed in active directory but I cant log into  the networking server. I am trying not to use netbios.

  It works if I do not use these lines in global:
  name resolve order = host
    disable netbios = yes

  errors:

  Using short domain name -- MYDOMAIN
  [2006/03/04 22:26:46, 0] libads/kerberos.c:get_service_ticket(337)
    get_service_ticket: kerberos_kinit_password NETWORKING$@MYDOMAIN.COM at MYDOMAIN.COM failed: Preauthentication failed
  Joined 'NETWORKING' to realm 'MYDOMAIN.COM'

  here is smb.conf:
  [global]
  name resolve order = host
  disable netbios = yes
  workgroup = MYDOMAIN
  realm = MYDOMAIN.COM
  netbios name = NETWORKING
  preferred master = no
  server string = Samba file and print server
  security = ADS
  encrypt passwords = yes
  log level = 3
  log file = /var/log/samba/%m