[Samba] [Repost] Offline Files No Go

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Mar 3 17:42:08 GMT 2006

Hi Peter,
there is only one parameter in smb.conf
with offline files to a share

from man smb.conf
csc policy (S)

     This stands for client-side caching policy, and specifies how
clients capable of offline caching will cache the files in the share.
The valid values are: manual, documents, programs, disable.

     These values correspond to those used on Windows servers.

     For example, shares containing roaming profiles can have offline
caching disabled using csc policy = disable.

     Default: csc policy = manual

     Example: csc policy = programs

but if you wanna fine tune i.e by users/groups/host etc you have
to do this with NTconfig.pol in the netlogon share created by
poledit.exe which is more flexible
so would say use csc policy = manual in your conf so it depends to users
entries when or what offline sync in a share, but i dont think this is a
good idea at the profiles share ( as i saw it in your conf ,i use
disable here )

Best Regards