[Samba] Advice Needed on Migration/upgrading.
william at exegenix.com
Fri Mar 3 14:29:03 GMT 2006
We're considering the following...
- Moving our primary samba server from a FC1 to new system with FC4 and
a newer version of SMB.
- Downgrading it's current role as PDC to just user security as we don't
have too many windows clients.
We currently have 2 other member servers and I'm wondering what is the
safest way of making the transition without making too much noise in the
Some notes on our setup...
- There is no special logon scripts
- No LDAP server so current users and passwd/smbpasswd sync'd
- No Roaming profiles stored on the PDC
- Mutiple Subnets with wins support
More information about the samba