[Samba] problem when compiling samba-3.0.21c on power PC platform

David Shapiro David.Shapiro at bcbsnc.com
Fri Mar 3 13:33:31 GMT 2006

Sounds weird.  Try running make distclean first.  Also, make a directory
called build in samba/source and run configure from within it.

cd /usr/local/samba/source/
mkdir build
cd build
../configure <your options>

David

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead
919-765-2011

>>> "Zhai, Shunnian" <Shunnian_Zhai at adaptec.com> 3/2/2006 8:45 PM >>>

Hi, All,

Currently we are using Samba 2.2 and planning to update to samba 3.
However, I encountered the following error when I try to compile the
samba-3.0.21c:

Checking for creat64...yes

Checking for prctl...yes

Configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling

See 'config.log' for more details.

Would anyone with experience on cross compiling samba3 help me?

Thanks in advance,

Shunnian