[Samba] Migration from NT4 to W2K3 AD

James Taylor jtaylor at laszlosystems.com
Thu Mar 2 19:21:04 GMT 2006

Shouldn't be too difficult.  You will need to know or at least have some
level of access to the AD Domain so you can bind to it for user account
information and group membership.  What you could ask for is possibly
getting a DC replica that you can use for testing that has a copy of the
domain on it that you can place in a lab and keep segmented from you network
then test Samba and make sure everything is working for you.  I believe the
LDAP Bind features in Samba will work for you as you are only managing
access to shares and not creating user accounts and managing the domain.

www.samba.org has great documents on the configuration.

JT