[Samba] Migration from NT4 to W2K3 AD

MJBarber at Hearst.com MJBarber at Hearst.com
Thu Mar 2 15:28:27 GMT 2006

Frankly, I am not quite sure what those needs will be yet.  I am not in
control of the project, just the samba servers are mine.  A few more
details though.

Wins will stay,
2 separate NT4 domains that previously had a trust configured will be
merged,
Usernames will stay the same (for the most part.. A few tweaks will be
made but all of that will be finished before the actual migration starts),
Computer names will stay the same (again except for a few ..),
The AD domain already exists except I am not a part of it, nor am I an
administrator within the new domain (at least not yet), ...will have to
see if I can do some early testing on it.
I will not be using cups.
I will be mapping users home directories.
There will be group based shares setup (accounting group is only group
with access to \\server\accounting)

What else should I add?...

Many thanks,
Mike Barber