[Samba] New Samba wiki on-line

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Thu Mar 2 14:52:46 GMT 2006

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/OPL

<quote who="Gerald (Jerry) Carter">

> Dracula wrote:
>
>>> We've brought a new wiki online at http://wiki.samba.org/ for
>>> Samba users and developers alike.  The intent is to allow
>>> the community to fill the gap in dynamic or temporary
>>> documentation and other relevant information.  Our thanks
>>> to Craig White who has volunteered to act as standing editor
>>> (at least at first).  But in general, the wiki will only
>>> be as good or useful as you, the community, make it.
>>

>> Great work Jerry!
>
> I can't take credit on this one.  Deryck Hodge (our webmaster)
> did all the initial mediawiki setup and theming and Craig White
> put in the initial content so the site wasn't totally blank. :-)

Dear Wiki Team,

I am on the Fedora Docs Steering Committee
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee) and I notice
you don't have a license up for content yet?

You might be interested in our decision to use the OPL for the Fedora
Documentation, and the progress we have made.

Here are some links of our adventures along the way, if you have not
already picked a license:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Licensing/Schedule
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Licensing/StepsToOPL
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/OPL