[Samba] samba pdc without winbindd

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 08:58:37 GMT 2006

Hi Gordon ,.

But According to samba documentation, nested groups doesn't work is
mentioned,

"In Samba-3, the group management system is based on POSIX groups. This
means that Samba makes use of the posixGroup ObjectClass. For now, there is
no NT-like group system management (global and local groups). Samba-3 knows
only about Domain Groups and, unlike MS Windows 2000 and Active Directory,
Samba-3 does not support nested groups"

as i have all domain groups and no local groups. using winbind, when we
create local groups
we can have nested groups, but if there domain groups, is nested groups
possible ?

i  am not sure, or am i wrong.

Regards
Niranjan