[Samba] Samba 3 by Example - chapter 5 & 6 ( Manager -> sambaadmin)

adrian sender adrian_au1 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 04:45:27 GMT 2006

Hi Gordon,

This is my admin-accts.ldif;
dn: cn=updateuser,dc=tinistuff,dc=com
objectClass: person
cn: updateuser
sn: updateuser
userPassword: {crypt}ABiELdbxGY2fY

dn: cn=sambaadmin,dc=tinistuff,dc=com
objectClass: person
cn: sambaadmin
sn: sambaadmin
userPassword: {crypt}ABiELdbxGY2fY

So the ldap server is stopped, I add these entries; and restart ldap.

[root at node1 scripts]# slapadd -v -l admin-accts.ldif
added: "cn=updateuser,dc=tinistuff,dc=com" (00000002)
added: "cn=sambaadmin,dc=tinistuff,dc=com" (00000003)
Error, entries missing!
  entry 1: dc=tinistuff,dc=com

[root at node1 programs]# ldapsearch -x -D "cn=sambaadmin,dc=tinistuff,dc=com"
-W uid=sambaadmin
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

It will not let me populate the database either; however I can populate fine
when using "Manager" instead of "sambaadmin"

[root at node1 sbin]# ./smbldap-populate -a root -k 0 -m 0
Populating LDAP directory for domain TINISTUFF
(S-1-5-21-1850218137-420253120-3974286998)
(using builtin directory structure)

adding new entry: dc=tinistuff,dc=com
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at
./smbldap-populate line 471, <GEN1> line 2.

etc......

Hmmmmm :(

Adrian.