[Samba] Will this work

Liam Marshall computers at stmaurice.mb.ca
Fri Jun 30 03:37:14 GMT 2006

5 years ago I ran a samba server as a pdc with win98 clients  then I went to
a terminal server environment (K12LTSP) with this clients.

Now I am moving back to a samba pdc  with win2k clients

Trouble is I have forgotten how I successfully setup the server before.

Could someone tell me if the following smb.conf should work?  I loaded my
server with Fedora Core 5 and updated it.  Am using the samba that came with
it.
the comments  in the middle are reminders for me to do those steps before I
use it.  after the smb.conf I have typed the commands I plan to use to add
machine accounts to samba.  please let me know if I am on the right track

[global]
 workgroup=smsi
 netbios name = samba
 encrypt passwords = yes

 security = user
 os level = 65
 preferred master = yes
 domain master = yes
 local master = yes
 domain logons = yes
 logon path = HYPERLINK "file://\\\\%n\\profiles\\%u"\\%n\profiles\%u
 logon drive = h:
 logon home = HYPERLINK "file://\\\\samba\\%u"\\samba\%u

[netlogon]
 comment = Network Logon Service
 path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
 guest ok = yes
 writable = no
 share modes = no

###don't forget to mkdir -p /var/lib/samba/netlogon/scripts
###/etc/samba/ testparm -s smb.conf.master > smb.conf

[homes]
 read only = no
 browseable = no

[Common]
 comment = Common Folder
 path = /Data/Common
 writable = yes
 browseable = yes
 guest ok = yes
 write list = lmarshall, jkroeker, @admins

[Software]
 comment = Software Applications Folder
 path = /Data/Software
 writable = yes
 browseable = yes
 guest ok = yes
 write list = lmarshall, jkroeker, @admins

[Trevlac]
 comment = Trevlac Folder
 path = /Data/Trevlac
 writable = yes
 browseable = yes
 guest ok = yes
 write list = lmarshall, jkroeker, @admins

commands to run from terminal:

useradd -s /bin/false -d /dev/null computername\$
smbpasswd -a -m computername

then restart samba

it is my hope that this will allow me to go to the win2k machine and ask it
to join  the domain smsi using the root username and password to
authenticate the join.

is this all correct?

Thanks so much for any confirmation you can give