[Samba] Samba newbie question

Frederick C. Damen fred at damen.org
Wed Jun 28 15:52:55 GMT 2006

Your situtation seems close to mine awhile back.
I could only access the share using the ip address for the host.
After starting windbindd the samba server started showing up in the network places/neighborhood.
I have not seen any documentation that states that windbind needs to be running in this simple
setup and I don't remember any replies to my request to fix and/or understand this problem.
Hope this helps though.

Fred