[Samba] Domain member against Samba+LDAP server configuration problem

Javier Barroso javibarroso at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 08:21:39 GMT 2006

Hi people,

I have a problem with my configuration. I'd like my debian box was client of
a Domain (Samba+LDAP)

my smb.conf is:
[global]
  security = domain
  workgroup = DOMAIN_NAME
  netbios name = MYCOMPUTER
   log level = 3 auth:10 winbind:10
   idmap backend = ldap:ldap://xxx.xxx.xx.xxx
   ldap suffix = dc=DOMAIN_NAME,dc=com
   ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
   idmap uid = 10000-20000
   idmap gid = 10000-20000
   template shell = /bin/bash

When I execute:

# getent passwd DOMAIN\\myuser

it returns a empty result.

When I comment idmap backend = ldap:ldap://xxx.xxx.xx.xx directive, and
restart the services , it work fine and return my user with a uid between
10000 and 20000
I would like uid was get from last number of sambaSID attribute on ldap tree

The same happens with groups.

I had read
http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/idmapper.html#id2577138,
but it use security = ads when it put 'idmap backend' directive on the
configuration.

Thank you !