[Samba] Files are being saved as read-only

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Mon Jun 26 21:45:36 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm using extended ACLs and winbind so that file ownerships and
permissions are directly tied to domain accounts (e.g., owner is
MYDOMAIN\myname).  My problem is that when a user opens up, modifies,
and then saves the file, the user's UNIX level permissions change from
'rw-' to 'r--' -- in other words, the write permission gets dropped.
I've played with the basic and extended permissions of the parent
folder, and I've looked at the masks in smb.conf, but nothing I've done
so far has resolved the issue

Any idea what's going on or what might be causing this?

Thanks.

--

Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager