[Samba] NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION when trying to delete files

Peeler, Wade M. Wade.Peeler at ngc.com
Mon Jun 26 16:36:57 GMT 2006

No help for me?

My samba version is 3.0.4-SUSE

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+wade.peeler=ngc.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+wade.peeler=ngc.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of
Peeler, Wade M.
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 3:26 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION when trying to delete files

I searched the archives already and couldn't find an answer to this.

I'm running an automated process via a cron job on a SUSE Linux
Enterprise Server 9 box.  The cron runs a Perl script, which uses the
SmbClientParser module.  The Perl script grabs files from clients
running Windows 2000.  The files on the client computers are created by
in-house MFC applications on those computers.

Occasionally, when the Perl script tries to delete files from the client
computers, it gets an NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION and is unable to
delete the file.  I sometimes even get this error long after the
software on the client that created the file has exited.  However,
sometimes everything works just fine and the Perl script is able to
delete the files without problems.

Does anybody know what causes this, or at least can point me in the
right direction towards solving this problem?

Wade