[Samba] Joining a Linux machine to windows 2003 PDC

Sunil Punnachalil punnachalil at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 15:10:28 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am a newcomer in Samba world. I am sure this
question might have asked in this group earlier by
somebody.

I have a windows 2003 server running as a PDC in my
network. I am trying to join to that domain with a
Linux machine (SuSE 8.1 ). I can see my Linux machine
in widows network neighbor  hood but when ever I try
to click on that machine it gives me an error I can't
view my shared folders. My log.smbd shows following
error

 connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to open the
domain client session to machine MERCURY. Error was :
NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO.
[2006/06/25 09:41:40, 0]
auth/auth_domain.c:domain_client_validate(206)
  domain_client_validate: Domain password server not
available.

Attached is my smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = PUNNACHALIL
        netbios name = SATURN
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = mercury
        restrict anonymous = Yes
        lanman auth = No
        log file = /home/sunil/samba/log.%m
        min protocol = NT1
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        wins server = 192.168.0.1
        oplocks = No
        level2 oplocks = No

[zs93545]
        comment = directory
        path = /home/sunil
        valid users = sunil
        read only = No

I really appreciate, if somebody can give me some
directions or configure document to trouble shoot this
error.