[Samba] help in samba - reg

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Sun Jun 25 03:43:44 GMT 2006

The share will show up if it is listed reasonably in your shares
declarations in smb.conf.  Accessing the share however requires that you
have valid credentials for that share. There are a lot of things that
can go wrong with this.

I suggest that you read the Samba Howto Collection or Samba by Example,
or some of the other documentation available at samba.org.

Also, I suggest you install SWAT and use it to do the basic Samba
configuration - especially use the Wizards to set up your Samba server.
If this is to be a Domain Controller, also use SWAT to set up and
activate your user accounts!

Good luck.