[Samba] Samba 3.0.22: share be r/w for LDAP-authenticated users,
r/o for anonymous
Ralf G. R. Bergs
Ralf-Samba at bergs.biz
Fri Jun 23 12:32:01 GMT 2006
we need to implement the following scenario:
- Samba server 3.0.22 (NOT acting as a domain controller; we don't use
Windows networking domains)
- users use Linux and Windoze
- anonymous users accessing a certain share should be granted read-only
- successfully authenticated users should be given read-write access
- authentication should be performed against an LDAP that contains
entries like this:
jid: rb at intra.ourdom.de
The "userPassword" key contains the password that is to be checked, the
"cn" key the username for the respective user.
Can this be accomplished? Is there anyone who would like to share some
config snippets with me?
I did some search on Google and found something pertaining to Samba 2.x,
but this doesn't work anymore since LDAP support seems to have changed
much since then.
Thanks for any help you can give.
More information about the samba