[Samba] linux_set_kernel_oplock: Refused oplock on file. F_SETLEASE semantic problem ?

Cedric Delfosse cedric.delfosse at linbox.com
Fri Jun 23 06:48:44 GMT 2006

Jeremy Allison a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 04:09:31PM +0200, Cedric Delfosse wrote:
>> I'm answering to myself. My problems are fixed:
>>  - kernel oplocks = No has fixed the violation error for some
>> applications. Why the oplocks are refused is unknown, but for now I
>> don't need them ;
>
> Yes, that would definately fix any kernel oplock problems (turning
> them off).
>
>>  - there is only one application (a CAO drawing tool) for which only
>> some files causes a violation error, even with kernel oplocks = No.
>> Looks like there was an interaction with the SAMBA-VSCAN module (version
>> 0.3.6b) somewhere, as disabling this module removed the violation error.
>
> Interesting. If that the latest version of vscan ?

According to [1], yes.

My customer is going to send me the CAO application and some files to test.

A nice new feature for samba-vscan would be to a have a list of
users/machines to exclude from being scanned :)

[1] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10590

--
Cédric Delfosse                             Linbox / Free&ALter Soft
152, rue de Grigy - Technopole Metz                       57070 METZ