[Samba] using unix authentication (/etc/passwd)

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Thu Jun 22 12:48:34 GMT 2006

How are you adding users? You don't seem to have an add user script!
Look at the sample smb.conf files in the HowTo collection or the Samba
by Example  - both at www.samba.org. Also, you almost certainly want to
encrypt passwords.

I recommend installing SWAT if you haven't done so already and use its
wizard to set your box up as a domain controller (since that seems to be
how you want to use it).