Fw: [Samba] computer outside domain can access resource to inside

Ian Clancy ClancyIan at cel.ie
Thu Jun 22 09:15:55 GMT 2006

Syamsu,
If you read the "Handling of Foreign SIDs" in Chapter 23 of the how to
http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/winbind.html#id2622804
this will explain why you need winbind. If you have winbind running then
yes, your theory is correct (with the exception that more recent
versions of samba allow you to delegate the addition of users to the
domain to other users).
Hope this helps.

--
Ian Clancy