[Samba] Printer comments and other weirdness

Steven Cardinal steven.cardinal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 13:27:24 GMT 2006

For lack of a better solution, I deleted my ntprinters.tdb, restarted smbd
to build a new one, and relinked my printers to drivers. It would be nice to
know where Samba is caching that information, though. We use the Comment and
Location fields to help our end users locate the printer and to understand
some of it capabilities (duplex, color, etc). If we have to move a printer
or we add a duplexer, rebuilding all of the printers to correct the comments
is a real downer.

Thanks
Steve