[Samba] Samba as PDC with nested groups

Stefan Pfetzing stefan.pfetzing at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 09:24:48 GMT 2006

Hi,

2006/6/14, Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org>:
> Stefan Pfetzing wrote:
> > Currently its not clear to me whether its possible
> > to do nested groups with samba at all. AFAIK its
> > possible to have Samba resolve nested groups when
> > run as a domain member, but what about a PDC (and
> > a BDC)?
>
> The NT4 model for nested groups is supported on Samba
> DC's as well.  You just have to run winbindd.

I just tried to do so, but samba miserably fails when nss_ldap is not
used. smbd complains about some users, which are in the ldap database,
but cannot be looked up as posix user.

Also, if I enable the lookup of the local domain, and run winbindd and
have nss_winbind enabled, getent passwd does not lookup the
user/group.

So I don't get how I should use winbindd directly on the pdc.

thanks

Stefan
--
       http://www.dreamind.de/
Oroborus and Debian GNU/Linux Developer.