[Samba] samba as a time server (newby question): time not updated

Ivan Teliatnikov ivan at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Wed Jun 21 08:47:21 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 08:21 -0500, Adam Williams wrote:
> Sorry I haven't followed the thread, but if you use netlogon script, you
> can put in it
>
> net time \\server /set /yes

I do use netlogon and the line is in the script. It starts working ONLY
if the use who logs in has escalated (PowerUser or Admin) privileges on
the machine, this is not possible because we use DOMAIN authentication.

I still cannot understand why it does not work? Do you I need to change
permissions on each client to allow non-admin users to change time?

--
Ivan Teliatnikov
F09 Madsen Bld.
e-mail:ivan at geosci.usyd.edu.au