[Samba] Linux Permissions for Samba Share

John Wyatt jwyatt at dpfunder.com
Tue Jun 20 17:14:01 GMT 2006

HELP!!!

I can get my Windows network to see a Samba share as long as it is sharing
the /TMP directory.  Creating a directory anywhere else does not allow me to
write to the directory.  I've  run "chmod 777 /database" and it changes
permissions but I still can't write to it.  Any ideas?

John D. Wyatt, CMB | DpFunder Program | www.dpfunder.com

*office: 301.869.2900 | *fax: 301.560.4980 | *mobile: 703.945.7302 | *email:
jwyatt at dpfunder.com

This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for delivery
of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that
any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
message from your computer.