[Samba] disable BDC-functionality

Detlef Jockheck detlef at jockheck.de
Sat Jun 17 07:48:30 GMT 2006

Hi!

I have some domains with thrusting between. My primary domain is "CAD". For
this domain I have a windows NT PDC. Now I enable Samba nmbd on my SLES9-Box
to make sure that the machine is accessible by name. It has been configured
as BDC before, but this was not a good idea because I have multiple domains
with trusting. This feature should be disabled.
When samba is running on the SLES9 the NT-PDC seems to disable his
PDC-facilities because no further Logons in "CAD" are possible.
The only way to fix this is to disable Samba on "SLES9" and reboot the PDC.
I would like to use samba, but not configured as BDC. How can this be managed.

regards
Detlef
--
# Detlef Jockheck