[Samba] speed trouble ...

Gerald Drouillard gerrylist at drouillard.ca
Mon Jun 19 13:10:29 GMT 2006

Jose Luis Maquieira Taboada wrote:
> Hi !
>
> In my lan I have some projects with eclipse located in windows at w:
> drive; this w: is a samba resource in Debian.
>
> A one file save it takes 4-5 seconds ... its a lot of time than
> saving on local hard disk.
> I test some tuning options like file system and samba ...
>
> The files are .c and are little files ... a lot of them, gif, .c, .ogg, ...
>
> The FS is EXT3 with "News format" options on debian instalation (
> inodes ) and the same results on an EXT3 with standar format.
>
> I´ve got a P4 with 1gb of ram and Debian Etch today updates ...
>
> The version of the samba installed is 3.0.22-1 and the kernel is the
> 2.6.15-1-686

Try the following:
        netbios name = BTEAM-2
        server string = (%L)
        workgroup = LABORATORIO
        encrypt passwords = yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.190. 127.
        os level = 120
        domain master = no
        preferred master = no
        wins support = yes
        name resolve order = hosts wins lmhosts bcast
        remote announce = 192.168.190.255
        remote browse sync = 192.168.190.255

     socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=65536 SO_RCVBUF=65536
IPTOS_LOWDELAY
     lock spin time = 15
     lock spin count = 100
        dos filetimes = yes
        dos filemode = yes
        log level = 1
        getwd cache = yes

[adiaz]
   comment = Carpeta compartida para Alberto
   path = /srv/public/adiaz
   read only = no
   guest ok = yes
   browseable = yes