[Samba] Export Samba mount using nfs

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Sun Jun 18 23:47:56 GMT 2006

> Nop, no syslog entry.

Nothing?  Not even in /var/log/messages, dmesg, any dedicated nfs logs
your distro might have?  Can you start nfsd in debug mode?

> Is it even possible to share smb/cifs mounted filesystems with nfs?

I can't see why not - I'm sure I've done it in the past - I'll try it
now.

Well that's interesting - I too get a 'Permission Denied' error, and
syslog on the server says:

  rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted

This was attempting to export a CIFS-mounted folder via NFS.

Can someone else try this to confirm whether it's actually possible
with a recent Samba release???  I could've sworn I'd done this in the
past.

Cheers,
Adam.