[Samba] Sending popup message via smbclient to w2k and winxpmachines

Peter Oram petero at 3g.nec.com.au
Thu Jun 15 23:55:50 GMT 2006

Thanks for the pointer Adam, it got me to look at the calling program a bit
more which showed that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable was being set to "", and
was then exported. After exporting the variable in my script, pop-up
messages began to appear on my users desktops. All I need now is get the
message and logfile to show the real file name of the job and not the Samba
name - but that's another issue...

Peter