[Samba] I have no winbind pipe!

sneezewort sneezewort at msn.com
Thu Jun 15 20:25:31 GMT 2006

I configured samba to run as a file server in an NT domain by hand, and all
was going well except there were some permission problems. I decided to
install and use SWAT to configure samba, but now I cant even ping winbind. I
found that someone else had this problem and solved it by deleting the pipe
at /tmp/.winbindd/pipe , but when I ran an ls –A command in /tmp I found
there was no ".winbindd". Any help would be greatly appreciated?