[Samba] Synchronize samba across servers

Mitch Pope MPope at gwail.com.au
Wed Jun 14 22:56:30 GMT 2006

Hi Nick,

You can use NIS (Network Information Services) formally YP (Yellow Pages)
to synchronize user account information between multiple servers.  Many
howto's are around for using NIS + Samba, recommend searching google.

Kind Regards,
Mitch Pope

Nick Wales a écrit :
> I've got a particularly inelegant setup to manage whereby we have
> one server attached to a fibre SATA enclosure, and another one on
> standby that has to be manually plugged in should the first go down.
>
> I'm trying to work out what the best way to synchronize the samba
> setup is, presumably mainly user accounts, across the two is so I
> don't have to do everything twice.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Nick

This email message is intended for the named recipient(s) only. Please
advise GWA if you have received this email message in error and delete
all  copies.    This  email  message  may  contain  information  which
represents the views  of  the sender and  not necessarily those of GWA
and/or  subsidiary companies.  Virus  protection  is  in  place at GWA
however liability for viruses or similar in any attachment remains the
responsibility of the recipient.  If you are the intended recipient of
this email message you should not copy, disclose  or  distribute  this
email message without the authority of GWA.  GWA cannot guarantee this
email message  has  not  been intercepted  or  interfered with  as  it
traverses the Internet.  Internet email messages sent to  GWA  are not
private communications  and may be viewed by GWA at any time to ensure
compliance with the  GWA Electronic Communications Policy available at
http://policy.gwail.com.au. Please be familiar with this policy if you
intend sending email to GWA or Subsidiary companies.