[Samba] Problems with Samba 3.0.22 and Fedora Core 5 64 bits

Carlos Zottmann carlos.zottmann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 18:02:50 GMT 2006

Hi !!

We are facing some problems with Samba 3.0.22 (installed from rpms) and
Fedora Core 5, 64 bits. We are basically using samba as a resource for squid
(2.5 stable13), so it can be able to use ntlm authentication, through
winbind.

After some time running, squid stops responding do requests, and the
following pair of lines gets logged in /var/log/messages

 [2006/06/14 13:42:50, 0] nsswitch/winbindd.c:process_loop(863)
   winbindd: Exceeding 200 client connections, no idle connection found

We still have another Fedora Core 3, 32 bits, running Squid 2.5 Stable12 and
Samba 3.0.20b, and nothing like that happens.

Does anyone know what might be happening?

As a second question, I would like to downgrade Samba 3.0.22 to Samba
3.0.20b, but I didn´t find any rpms available, and I am unsure if there are
any specific compilation options that should be used. Can anybody point me
the right options to compile a 64 bit version of Samba?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos.