[Samba] Windows XP and Samba 3.0.22 -- don't mix?

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Wed Jun 14 16:15:52 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Jerry,

I'm not sure.  The production environment still experiences this issue,
it's just that I have trouble duplicating it in a test environment.
However, the traffic in that production environment is significantly
heavier so it would be most difficult to create a similar environment in
a test realm with only one or two XP machines.  I'm still not sure what
causes the daemons continue running on the server end.  I'll do my best
to try and figure that out, Jerry, as I know it must be difficult when
even the person reporting the bug can't consistently reproduce the
problem.  I suppose for now you can nix the bug report, until I've been
able to sufficiently determine what causes this problem.  Thank you!

Best,
Ryan