[Samba] smbmount

Jay Fenlason fenlason at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 15:42:55 GMT 2006

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 09:22:20AM -0400, Douglas Corner wrote:
> I am moving FROM:
>   RH EL AS 3.0,  Kernel is 2.1.21-4,   Samba is 3.0.0-14.3E
>     (This is what came with the RH  distribution)
>
> TO:
>  Fedora Core 5  Kernel is 2.6.16-1.2122_FC5  Samba is 3.0.22-1.fc5
>    (Both kernel and samba have been upgraded from the distribution.)
>
> I can't find the smbmount (or smbumount) command.

The FC5 kernel ditched smbfs in favor of cifs.  I'm pretty sure we
mentioned it in the release notes.  You can use "mount -t cifs ..."
to mount remote SMB filesystems using the Liunx CIFS filesystem.
Further information about the Linux CIFS filesystem can be found at
http://linux-cifs.samba.org/

Bug reports about the Linux CIFS filesystem in Fedora 5 should go to
bugzilla.redhat.com under the "kernel" component.

			-- JF