[Samba] Disconnect time with pdbedit

Daniel Martin dmartin at getnet-tecnologia.com.br
Tue Jun 13 12:18:57 GMT 2006

Hello all

I´m using samba as a PDC and I am testing pdbedit policies, but I´m
having a hard time trying to use de pdbedit disconnect time. I´ve
already set it to "0" (on).

I used the NT usrmgr configuration tool to set specific times during the
day that users would be able to login.  (Coldn´t find a way to do it
using the logon hours FFFFFF...)
After doing this I checked the logon hours using ./pdbedit -LV user, and
it had changed. so far so good...

The way I understood, it was suppoused to disconnect the user if he/she
were still connected during the disconnect time.

For example. I configured an account to be able to login from 10:00 am
to 11:00 am. The user loged in 10:30. If the user were still logged
after 11:00am, the policy was supposed to kill the users session, or
something like this. But it´s not working

Any ideas?

Using:
Debian 3.0
Kernel 2.4,27
Samba 3.0.22
Ldap 2.1.30-2

smbldap-tool_0.9.2-2

Thanks

 Atenciosamente,

 Daniel Felipe Martin
 GetNet - Tecnologia em Captura e Processamento de Transações
 Infra-estrutura
 Fone: +55 (51) 3598-9800 Fax: +55 (51) 3598-9801	Ramal 2301