[Samba] Fedora Core 5 & CIFS - please help!

Kendall Cobb K_Cobb at ADPRO.COM
Tue Jun 13 12:27:49 GMT 2006

I did do that thinking there might be an update but that did not help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Fenlason [mailto:fenlason at redhat.com]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 5:00 PM
To: Kendall Cobb
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] Fedora Core 5 & CIFS - please help!

Did you get the most recent FC5 update kernel?  Try running "yum update"
and see how many packages on your system have updates avaliable.

Note that cifs has almost nothing to do with Samba--I packaged
mount.cifs there because mount.smbfs was already there, but the actual
cifs code is in the kernel.  If you go to report a bug in cifs at
bugzilla.redhat.com, remember to file it against the "kernel"
component and not Samba.

			-- JF