[Fwd: Re: [Samba] : Win XP Client does not remove directories]

Björn Mayer bjoern.mayer at siempelkamp.com
Tue Jun 13 08:00:38 GMT 2006

Hello Mailinglist,

I still have the problem, which is described in my first and second post
with this topic, that i sometimes can't delete directories on the
Samba-Server from WinXP machines.

I can't send my Ethereal-Logs to the list, but i send them to Jeremy,
who never answered me anyway.

If anyone can help me or would like to see the Ethereal-Logs, with the
fact, that Windows sometimes (in faultcase) sends an other request
("SET_FILE_INFO") to delete a directory and this request does not work
with Samba, just write back and I'll send you the files. By the way: The
normal request seems to be "Delete Directory Request (0x01)".

As I already said, I don't know, why Windows starts behaving like that
irregulary and after one restart often everything is fine again, but I
can say, that in the faultcase, where Win sends the different request,
it is  not possible to remove folders from Samba-Shares but still
possible to remove folders from Win-Shares. (That's why i don't post it
to Win-Bugzilla ;) )

Thanks in advance, Björn Mayer

-------- Original-Nachricht --------