[Samba] file locking

Maris marisdembovskis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 12:20:17 GMT 2006

Hi.
I have a problem saving 1 file by 2 users via Samba from Linux pc to
Win server. File after 1user opening doesn't lock.

The situtation is:

I have Linux /WIN network. File server ir WIN. When somebody edits
file xx.xls with OpenOffice via Samba, and another user edits the same
file after 5 minutes, the changes are made by that who saves the
document last. Of course changes made by first user are not saved!

What do I need to do, that second, third Linux user could not save the
file, but file could be saved only by first user, who edited the
document?

and when I open the win server address is:
smb://192.168.1.1/
I take the file and others take the file, EVERYBODY CAN SAVE!!!, but
real changes are saved by last user.

Can someone help me to sovle this problem, because it really makes
mess in our network, 2 users save one document?!
Yah, and file locking works when you open files in Windos. But on
Linux Fedora Core5 via smb://192.........

Thanks!

--
Maris Dembovskis