[Samba] Samba PDC problem

Dieter Schicker dieter.schicker at inig.at
Thu Jun 8 17:16:42 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a Samba PDC with a ldap-backend. When I try to join a Windows XP
machine to the domain, I get the following error: "RPC server not
available" and the Windows event log (strange enough!) gives me
something like "The lease for the computer ... went loose"!!!! I'm
running Debian Sarge on the server and have configured LDAP, DNS, and
DHCP according to "SambaByExample". Another strange thing: Two days ago
I could join the machine to the domain and login happily with some user
accounts (also the synchronisation between the workstation and the pdc
worked perfectly). I'm kinda frustrated now since I got to get this to work.

In the logs I get: (last message before it fails)

/rpc_server/srv_samr.c:api_samr_set_userinfo(786)
//api_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to unmarshall SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO./

I would be very happy if someone could give me a hint or point me in the
right direction.

If it's necessary I can post my smb.conf and excerpts from the server logs.

Many thanks in advance
Dieter