[Samba] Samba 3.0 build with ADS support on Solaris 9

Vahid Moghaddasi vahid.moghaddasi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 23:04:34 GMT 2006

On 6/7/06, Jagga Soorma <jagga13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I have trying to build Samba 3.0 with ADS support on Solaris 9.  This is
> how
> I am trying to configure samba:
>
> ./configure     --prefix=/usr/local/samba \
>                --with-ldap \
>                --enable-static \
>                --with-ads \
>                --with-krb5 \
>                --with-libiconv \
>                --with-automount
>
> Any suggestions or comments would be grately appreciated.

Here is what I did and worked on Solaris 9 and 10:

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/openldap/lib -Wl,\
-R/usr/local/openldap/lib"

export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/openldap/include
./configure prefix=/usr/local/samba --with-winbind \
--with-ads --with-ldap --with-krb5=/usr/local/kerberos5
make
make install

Assuming you have openldap and kerberos installed in the above directories.

Vahid