[Samba] Samba 3.0 build with ADS support on Solaris 9

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 17:59:46 GMT 2006

Hey Guys,

I have trying to build Samba 3.0 with ADS support on Solaris 9.  This is how
I am trying to configure samba:

./configure     --prefix=/usr/local/samba \
                --with-ldap \
                --enable-static \
                --with-ads \
                --with-krb5 \
                --with-libiconv \
                --with-automount

I have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/sfw/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib"

ls /opt/sfw/lib
liblber.a             liblber.so.2          libldap.la
libldap_r.so          libldap.so
liblber.la            liblber.so.2.0.122    libldap_r.a
libldap_r.so.2        libldap.so.2
liblber.so            libldap.a             libldap_r.la
libldap_r.so.2.0.122  libldap.so.2.0.122

The error I am receiving when I run the configure is:

..snip
checking for lber.h... yes
checking for ber_scanf in -llber... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc... no
checking whether ldap_set_rebind_proc takes 3 arguments... 3
configure: error: libldap is needed for LDAP support

Any ideas what I am missing?  Libldap seems to be there so how come
configure is not seeing it?

Any suggestions or comments would be grately appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jagga