[Samba] Samba 3: Changing printer settings cause reinstallation of printer driver

Lynn Mager lynn.mager at philips.com
Wed Jun 7 16:20:08 GMT 2006

Dear folks,

I lately updated our PDF-Server (printer provided by Samba which converts
the postscript to a PDF and sends it back via email) from 2.2.8 to 3.0.20.
I installed the printer driver on the samba server as described in the
samba how-to and the server delivered the printer driver with the default
settings just fine.

Now I have the problem that I want to change the default printer settings
on the server so that he can hand it through to the clients. But every
time I do a change for example from "portrait" to "landscape" the
printserver (samba) doesn't deliver the printer driver anymore. I always
receive the error message that you get, when no driver is installed on the
printer server at all. Here again, I followed the samba how-to for
changing the default print options as described in "samba how-to: 19.7.2
Setting Device Modes on New Printers".

Does anybody have the same problem or an idea to solve it?

cheers

Lynn