[Samba] Samba AutoCAD 2007 high CPU after printing

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jun 7 08:25:48 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 08:22:40AM +0200, Kurt Weiss wrote:
> hello jeremy and jordan.
>
> autodesk announcing explicit, that samba is *not* supportet.
> http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2872551&linkID=2475323
>
> our costumers are using using AutoCAD from 2002-2007 on samba 2 + 3.
> IMHO, samba 2 may be a good choice for AutoCAD.
> for example, AutoCAD with samba3 has a problem with special chars in
> filenames.
> (ä,ö, will make no problems, ü causes AutoCAD to throw a
> "file-not-found" message.)

Samba3 certainly *doesn't* have problems with I18N characters,
the support in that matter is significantly better than that
in Samba2.x.

In Samba2.x the I18N support was hand coded, in Samba3 it uses
the system iconv libraries. Of course if your system iconv libraries
are not working right you might see issues.

Jeremy