[Samba] policies

Rodney Richison rodney at rcrcomputing.com
Wed Jun 7 03:13:41 GMT 2006

Rodney Richison wrote:
> Am going thru the learning curve on using samba as a primary
> controller. Samba is up and running just fine. However, I'm a bit
> confused on the ntlogin.pol thing. I'm gathering, if all the
> workstations are winxp, I need to do this??
>
> "Go to the Windows 200x/XP menu Start->Programs->Administrative Tools
> and select the MMC snap-in called Active Directory Users and Computers
> Select the domain or organizational unit"
>
> I don't see the mmc snap-in. Or should I still be using poledit on
> samba 3.1?
> If so, if someone has a source for the 3 common adm files, I'd
> appreciate it. common.adm etc..
> Any other comments would be welcome.

Maybe if I ask a differant way. Here,
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/PolicyMgmt.html#id2625181
It suggest using a differant tool for winxp clients.

Instead of using the tool called the System Policy Editor, commonly
called Poledit (from the executable name *poledit.exe*), GPOs are
created and managed using a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in
as follows:

   1.