[Samba] Samba AutoCAD 2007 high CPU after printing

Jordan Tomkinson jordant at lindentech.com.au
Wed Jun 7 02:19:56 GMT 2006

Hi List,

I'm having some problems with Samba 2.0.10 and AutoCAD drawings,
specifically when a user prints a CAD file, an smbd process is spawned
as smbuser (my guest account) which uses 99% CPU and never gives up,
even after the job is fully printed and cups has moved on. This only
happens when printing CAD files.

Restarting samba doesn't help, the only thing I can do is 'kill -9' the
process - which doesn't appear to be affecting anything on the network

I am now using 'deadtime = 5' option in smb.conf but I see this as a
poor workaround at best

The other thing worth noting is that I am unable to reproduce this
problem using AutoCAD 2000

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jordan