[Samba] file download crashes samba

Christopher Johnson johnsocs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 19:52:00 GMT 2006

All -

While trying to copy a directory containing a large number of files (
~600 1-5 mb files ) from my samba server to a client machine ( either
mac or windows ) my samba server crashes paralyzing my server machine
and forcing me to reboot it.  Once the behavior occurs I can no longer
ssh into the server or if I happen to be in it already I can't even
stop and restart samba.

Is this a known issue?  Could something be getting out of sync?

I don't believe this is client issue as I can duplicate with both mac
and windows clients easily.  Any ideas resolving this issue would be
great.

Thanks
..Chris