Fwd: [Samba] Re: Getting NTLM group info about user

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Tue Jun 6 17:24:30 GMT 2006

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 12:02:42PM -0400, Jeremiah Martell wrote:
>> wbinfo -t
>> checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded
>> wbinfo -r test
>> Could not get groups for user test
>> wbinfo -a test%test
>> challenge/response password authentication succeeded
>> wbinfo -r test
>> Could not get groups for user test
>
> Yes, that looks correct. The idea is that this does work.
> But please also try 3.0.23rc1 if you can.

Hi Volker,
I don't have 3.0.23rc1, but svn from just a few days ago.

[root at gate ~]# smbd -V
Version 3.0.23pre2-SVN-build-15985
[root at gate ~]# wbinfo -a doug%xxxxxxxx
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded
[root at gate ~]# wbinfo -r doug
Could not get groups for user doug

I also tried
wbinfo -K administrator%xxxxxx -r doug
plaintext kerberos password authentication for [administrator%xxxxxx]
  succeeded (requesting cctype: FILE)
credentials were put in: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
plaintext kerberos password authentication for [administrator%xxxxxx]
  succeeded (requesting cctype: KCM)
no credentials cached
plaintext kerberos password authentication for [administrator%xxxxxx]
  succeeded (requesting cctype: KCM:0)
no credentials cached
plaintext kerberos password authentication for [administrator%xxxxxx]
  succeeded (requesting cctype: Garbage)
no credentials cached
plaintext kerberos password authentication for [administrator%xxxxxx]
  succeeded (requesting cctype: (null))
no credentials cached
plaintext kerberos password authentication for [administrator%xxxxxx]
  succeeded (requesting cctype: 0)
no credentials cached
Could not get groups for user doug

Regards, Doug